Tuesday, May 28, 2013

   Totally been slacking on this blog thing. I told you I would. I'd be able to keep p with it for awhile then it would slip away from me. It's not like I haven't been crafting either! I have been. Not as much as I'd like but hey money is kind of tight right now and swapping is something I'm trying to hold back on a little. 

   So what have I been crafting when I can and do splurge a little? Well it has to do with kawaii of course! I mean I am better off killing 2 birds with 1 stone after all. I need my kawaii fix as much as I need my crating / swapping fix. LOL

   I hosted a swap on Swap-bot that required everyone to go to their local craft store and try to get a cardboard box as close to 3x3x3 as possible. That way everyone was semi doing the same amount of work. 

   You have to then take kawaii loose items. Like mini memos, 4x6 memos, sticker flakes, and whatever else you liked to decorate the box all up in kawaii. Not just slapping it together. No no no. Try to have some order to it. The whole outside. Not the bottom of course though. Inside was optional as well. Then take some of your goodies and embellish the lid a little if you liked. Again not required. 

   After all the way done or before you can spend time sitting in front of the tv folding origami paper stars and filling your box with them. Yay...so much fun. Let me tell you. That took way longer then I thought it would. Boy was I happy I only made it a 3x3x3 box. Haha.  

   Once your box was all decorated up and filled with stars off to your partner it went. Making sure it was packed well of course. 

   
   ^ There is the box I made for my partner. I had so much fun making it. Didn't take no time at all...for the decorating the box part. The stars on the other hand. Man. LOL But totally worth it. My partner loved it so that is all that matters. I am thinking of doing another on in the future. Maybe a little bigger though and instead of stars maybe some kawaii goodies!? Like a whimsey box instead?  Possible once I can splurge again. 


   That was a swap made well before I got to seriously cutting back on my postage spending. So since then I've been trying to come up with flat creative kawaii swaps. 

   I already had my deco tape covered postcards so what else could I do? :light bulb:

   ^ That is when I remembered once of my very 1st kawaii swaps I ever did. This was also when I had hardly no kawaii so I was limited on to what I could do swap wise as well. Someone had done a public sticker flake postcard swap. I was in. I wasn't too worried about flakers. It was only sticker flakes. 

   I decided heck why not! Something different and easy and quick and cheap to send. I didn't want to make the postcard the same as my 1st one. I had lined the sitckers up all nice and need in rows and what not. Not this time.  Nope. Not this time. I am going to see exactly how many I can get on there without overlapping them too much. 

   Wow! That took a long time. I swear I was working on it for a good 1.5 - 2 hours. LOL I did it though. I got as many on there as I could nicely done and only overlapped a tiny bit towards the end. I was very proud of myself! Partner loved it so another well done job! 


   I needed another swap. Something creative yet flatish. I have to keep the creative part of the group going. I need to do what people like but add different fun things in here and there. What to do? What to do? 

   ATC! I LOVE doing them! Others mentioned they would like to do them too. Yes! 

   ^ Kawaii themed senders choice ATC swap. Simple. Make 1 kawaii themed ATC featuring any character you choose and send to partner. I waited until I assigned partners before doing my ATC. I like to do that sometimes. Make swaps profile based. I just loved the ATC. I actually had a hard  time sending him off. Haha. He sat here done waiting to be mailed for probably 3 days. I am still waiting to be rated. I sure do hope she likes him! 

   It's the end of the month so I need to get ready to throw up some more crafty swaps soon. People seem to like the quick deco tape or sticker flake postcards. I'll keep them going. Think it will be round 4 for deco tape and round 2 for sticker flakes. I can keep going with the kawaii matchboxes. A nice little group has had fun doing them. This will be the 4th round on them. What to do what to do though? Hmmmmm.....somethign to think about. 

   We have a new officer who is happily throwing up tons of swaps right now. I'll have to see when those are going and when they end. Try not to overwhelm the end dates too much for swaps. 

   I should come up with a different type of crafting swap maybe. Or try the ATC again. I'm not quite sure. I tried to switch it up and did a PVC flake swap instead of regular flakes. Not too many joined that one. Poor PVC flakes no love. No love. T-T 

   Well now since thinking about it I have a few ideas roaming around in my head now. Haha. I should get to posting them and what not. More creative chaos to come!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment